TOMORROW'S EXIT STRATEGY BEGINS WITH SUCCESSION PLANNING TODAY!
There will come a day when you step down from the helm of your business. That day may be a long way off or right around the corner, but it’s the astute business owner that begins to consider their succession planning options today.
Did you know?
- 75% of business owners would exit today if their financial security were assured.
- Only 18% of owners have talked to someone who has expertise in exit planning.
Source: BEI 2016 Business Owner Survey Report
What the stats above tell us is that people are unsure about exiting their business because they haven’t spoken to an exit planning professional. There are many reasons why business owners may not be ready to reach out to someone to discuss their succession plan and that’s why we created the online Exit Planning Assessment Questionnaire.
Taking this questionnaire will allow you to understand your exit preparedness. After completing the questionnaire, SVA will summarize your results and compile a personalized report using The BEI (Business Enterprise Institute) Seven Step Exit Planning Process™.
The BEI Seven Step Exit Planning Process™ is a customized comprehensive approach to designing and implementing a business owner’s successful exit from their business. The Exit Planning Process helps maximize the financial return, minimize tax liability, plan for contingencies, and increase the likelihood of a successful transfer out of the business.
- Step 1 – Your Exit Objectives
- Step 2 – Your Business and Personal Financial Resources
- Step 3 – Build and Preserve Value
- Step 4 – Selling Your Company to a Third Party
- Step 5 – Transferring Your Ownership to Insiders
- Step 6 – Business Continuity
- Step 7 – Personal Wealth and Estate Planning
The information found in this section is general to all businesses and practices. Please check our industry pages for additional service offerings related to your specific industry.