Reminder - Wisconsin's Child Tax Rebate
June 25, 2018
Here’s your final chance to apply for your Wisconsin tax rebate! If you claimed a qualifying child as a dependent on your 2017 tax return, you only have until next Monday, July 2nd to apply for your rebate.
You can apply by going to childtaxrebate.wi.gov or by calling 608-266-KIDS, Monday through Friday 7:45am – 4:30pm.
Individuals with a qualifying dependent on their 2017 Wisconsin individual income tax return may apply for a $100 rebate for each qualified child. A dependent claimed on your tax return is considered a qualified child if they:
- Are under age 18 as of December 31, 2017
- Were a Wisconsin resident as of December 31, 2017, and
- Are a United States Citizen
What do you need to apply?
- Your social security number and Wisconsin residency for 2017
- The child’s legal name, social security number, and date of birth
- A bank routing number and account number for direct deposit
What if I am no longer a resident of Wisconsin?
If you were a part-year resident or a nonresident that has moved from Wisconsin since 2017, you may still be eligible for a rebate, if you can
- Prove that your dependent child was a Wisconsin resident as of December 31, 2017, and
- Submit receipts showing at least $100 of Wisconsin sales or use tax paid in 2017 (not just $100 in purchases) for each child claimed
I’ve applied, now what?
You will receive a confirmation number allowing you to check on the status of your claim. The majority of the claims are expected to be processed in about three weeks from the date of application. Others may take longer, as more information may be needed. You can check on the status of your rebate by using the “Where’s My Rebate” online service on the www.revenue.wi.gov website.
Your SVA professional is available to assist you with any questions you may have regarding this rebate.