Let the sales tax holiday begin! Wisconsin has declared a sales tax holiday beginning today, Wednesday, August 1st through Sunday, August 5th, 2018. During this time frame, a variety of items purchased for personal use will not be subject to sales tax.
During the sales tax holiday, the following items are not taxable:
- Clothing, if the price is $75 or less per item
- School supplies, if the price is $75 or less per item
- Computers for personal use, if the price is $750 or less per computer
- School computer supplies for personal use, if the price is $250 or less per item
Take note that there are some commonplace back-to-school items that will remain subject to sales tax during this holiday. These items include:
- School art supplies
- School instructional materials
- Protective equipment
- Sports and recreational equipment
- Clothing accessories or equipment
- Protective bags for electronic equipment
Additional information, including frequently asked questions and more in-depth lists of tax exempt and non-exempt items, can be found at revenue.wi.gov/Pages/Individuals/SalesTaxHoliday.aspx.
Your SVA professional is available to assist you with any questions you may have regarding this holiday.